Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's Official...

I am nuts-o. 
I realized that after last night.
 
I went to bed thinking of this wonderful lady.
And thinking about this sweet post,
(the fact that I am now certifiably crazy has nothing to do with her, we haven't met, in person,
but I can't tell you how many times I wished she lived across the street from me,
or at least across the field from me,
and that she had a big, old front porch, with a rocker,
and I would just wander over to that front porch and plunk myself down on that rocker to bask in all her glory, but I digress...)
 
The next part all happened in about five minutes.
From 2:01 AM, to 2:06 AM, to be precise.
 
I awoke from a dream.
I was babysitting for a family that goes to school where I teach (what???)
And I lost two of their younger kids (what, again???)
When I finally found them,
they were sucking kerosene out of a pinprick they made in the plastic kerosene bottle. (WHAT???)
I panicked.
I tried to read the ingestion instructions on the label.
Of course, the label was all smeared off, so the instructions were illegible.
All I could think of to do was run around the kitchen
yelling at the top of my lungs, in a very hopeful and most helpful voice,
"No one light a match!  No one light a match!"
 
That's when I woke up.  Shaking my head at all my weirdness.
Thank goodness, only a dream... 
 
My husband woke me up actually, coming home from working over-time.
Our conversation went like this:
 
Hi, Hon, glad you made it home from work finally. 
sleepy, grunted greeting,
How was your hospital run?
Very odd.
Why?
Well, let's just say I just took a 41-year-old _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (I can't actually get myself to type the word he said, but let's just say it's a "fancy lady" that works with a pole, and she's not a barber) to the hospital.
Oh?
Let's just say she sprung a leak.
What???
Kate, one of her boobs popped.
What?????  (comprehension took a long time to set in on that one.) Oooooohhhhh.
(In a very confused voice) How did she know that?
Ever seen a flat tire?
 
Gotcha. 
 
 Maybe it's a good thing she lives far, far away!
 

7 comments:

  1. Yep...you are nutso! :) & you babysit my kids!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd that you'd panic in a dream in an emergency situation. You did so good the 3 times you were needed in real life for CPR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone with wierd dreams!!!
    Sounds like your hubby has a very interesting job!!!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you weren't still dreaming about the Fireman coming home with a story like that? Had you maybe eaten a souffle before you went to bed? ;0)

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had weird dreams. Oh' yea, I do! The weird part was hearing that story while you were half asleep.

    Hugs…Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not what sure what was funnier, the dream or the leak!
    one more reason to never mess with what the good Lord
    gave us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. i never thanked you for the kind words and linking to my blog.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete