Image courtesy of google images
I realize that I have a problem when my Thanksgiving post follows my last post, Happy Halloween.
I have decided that it is really hard to blog without a camera. And as I am running around like a turkey with my head cut off, I don't seem to ever get to the store to purchase a new one.
But I still have a ton to be thankful for.
- I am VERY THANKFUL that I found the cause of the very foul smell in my dining room this morning. My cinderella pumpkin decided to start weeping all over the floor...
- I am very thankful that my husband decided he needed to vaccuum the basement floor as I sit typing. (I tend to blow up all our vaccuums. Ask my dad if you don't believe me, he usually buys me new ones. Hence the new wood floors covering the entire first floor. Just trying to ease the pocketbooks for good old dad...)
- I am very thankful that at the moment, all of our cars can get us from point A to point B. (Ask me tomorrow, and that might not be the case...)
- I am VERY THANKFUL that, while my hair is starting to turn gray and seems to want to fall out, I still have hair. (Loads of friends going through chemo at the moment...)
- And I am so very thankful while my legs look like they are not made to wear skinny jeans, they will take me where I want to go without having to park in a handicapped stall or getting a walker out of the back. (And if I ever get stranded on a deserted island, I can last a really long time before I perish of starvation...)
- I am thankful for my little home that keeps us warm and sheltered. (And can cram a ton of people into for a bridal or baby shower...)
- I am thankful that my family feels the need to keep discussing my age with complete strangers. That means we are all still alive. (Even hubby, who's heart has stopped a total of four times now, that we know of. Long story... He's fine, don't worry... And ironically, he doesn't have heart problems but is now sporting a new pacemaker...)
- I am thankful for fireman license plates. Let's just say they tend to save me a lot of money on tickets... (And also gives the kids yet another opportunity to discuss my age...)
- I am very thankful for all the men and women that serve our country. And their families. Soldiers, policemen, fire and rescue workers...
- And last, but certainly not least, I really am thankful that we live in a country where we can worship and give thanks to God, and not have to fear for our lives.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4