Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Fun


Fall is a great time of year for my family.  We love being outdoors as much as we can.

We recently went to the farm to enjoy the last days of the year without snow on the ground.  The kids had a blast toasting marshmallows.


Some of us REALLY had a blast toasting marshmallows.  Want one???

One of our favorite games is playing hide-and-go-seek-in-the-dark.  We all play.  Trust me, it's a ton of fun.  Just ask Nanna, and the snake that slithered over her foot.

Part of the fun is dressing up for it.


And even more fun is trying to get good pictures when it is pitch black outside.  I didn't even have a clue if the camera was pointed in the right direction.  I just counted to three and hoped for the best.  Sometimes I amaze myself...

We have five acres at our house, and loads of hiding places.  A friend decided to hide about 20 feet up in this tree.  It was a fabulous hiding spot.  So good, in fact, that after about half an hour of looking for her, we gave up.  Unfortunately for her, she was so good at hiding that her feet fell asleep.


Then she couldn't get down.

We finally sent my brother-in-law, Kelly, up after her.  This is a picture of her falling on top of him.
(Sorry, Kelly...)
They were still fifteen feet up.
What you don't see is a picture of the rest of us laughing so hard, we almost wet our pants...
Don't worry, they finally made it.  And no one wet their pants either...
(Thanks, Kelly, I really owe you one.  Like BIG TIME owe you.)





3 comments:

  1. I want one of Zekey's marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 chances for Zeke to call the fire department...1)put out the flames on his marshmallows. 2)Get her out of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I loved well toasted marshmallows and Zeke toated his to perfection! Loved seeing your photos you took great pictures in the dark!

    Thanks for stopping by, I enjoyed visiting with you!!

    Love and hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete