Friday, October 30, 2009

Fast Halloween Fun


Halloween is tomorrow night, and I am not ready this year.  The end of October crept up on me.  I had the house already decorated but want to add a few last-minute surprises for the kids. Luckily, I have some old standby's to help set a fun and festive mood.

  I like to keep our outside lights off and use only pumpkins and twinkle Christmas lights to illuminate our front walkway.  Purple and green are a favorite Halloween combination.  It's a fun way to re-purpose those lights and a very fast way to make the outside of your house totally unique from the rest of the neighborhood. This picture isn't the best but, trust me, both you and the kids will love it!

Jello is a quick way to make something special for the dinner table.

If you have the time, you can layer the jello like on the far left.

I use green, purple, then orange on top.  If I don't have the time, I just throw four boxes of Jello into a cake pan, let it set up, then cut into squares and alternate with Cool Whip.  The kids love it.

The layering takes a bit more planning, but it's still easy!

The kids kept after me all night, "When can we eat the Jello?"


Who needs a stained glass window when you have Jello around?

Anything under a dome seems to be special around our house.  Sometime I should put squash under there for the kids and see if they'll eat it!

I also love paper masterpieces.  Kids at a local school made these.  I love them.  My sister does the same thing.  Her version is here, and while you are there, go check out our Halloween adventures while running errands yesterday!

Isn't he adorable?

I am most likely the last to know, but have you checked out the Martha Stewart section at Michael's lately?  She has flocking powder!  What a great way to adorn our ghost rock!

Have a safe and wonderful Halloween night.  Watch out for those ghosts and goblins!



2 comments:

  1. Wow it looks fantastic. I wish I could join you for Halloween! Maybe I need to move to Minneapolis, so I can hang out with you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete