Friday, December 4, 2009

A Snowball Fight!

Yesterday my husband came home from work and asked, "What did you do today, just run around flinging snow everywhere?"  Yep, Honey, that's exactly what I did.


I was on the hunt for more snowball ornaments.  I use them all over my house to turn the inside into a Winter Wonderland.  All my favorite stores didn't have snowball ornaments this year, so I decided  to take matters into my own hands.  Nature Girl and I were making our own...

Here is what we came up with.

We started with a styrofoam ball.

A package of glitter snow from Walmart, one of the only stores where we could still purchase faux snow this year.  The other stores in my area were out and not getting any more Christmas shipments.

We used the iridescent snow.  Makes for gorgeous flakes!

Covered the entire thing with glue...  

Rolled it in the flakes.

(Beware, don't do this if your kitchen is clean and you want to keep it that way...  Thankfully mine was still a jumbled Christmas mess...)

And this is our end result, a bucket of snowballs that won't melt all over the house!  We love them even more than we thought we would.  Now if I can just keep my nephew, Bo, away from them, all will be well!

Well, maybe just one indoor snowball fight is called for.  It is the Christmas season, after all!



16 comments:

  1. "Oh Bo-oooooo. I think Auntie Cake just invited you over." He still has red glitter in his teeth from trying to eat your glittered poisoned apples you made for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea! Will be one to try for sure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zade zoo wants in on that snowball fight too!
    As always at the beginning of your idea I was thinking, "You are making snowballs?!?!?" But as always- your idea turned out beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are beautiful! Just like Coco Rose said, it is a wonderful Idea. We had real snow a fe days ago, but sadly the rain took it away again. I love how the snow always light up the air and ground.

    Have a great weekend!!
    Aina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Them Kate ~ I may have to head to the store for some Fake Snow & Styrofoam..... I think the lady I take care of would really Enjoy this project~ Then the mess would be at Her House, Oh wait, I'm the one who cleans her house, so guess it really doesn't matter.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever...your home is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! They look almost real! I miss snow!
    Miss my Wisconsin home! Thank you so much Auntie Cake for stopping by sweet lady!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo pretty. Everyone is just so crafty this year. I am amazed:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an award on arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kate, it was fun to make. Have a great sunday, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowballs are just wonderful!! I definitely want to try those this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These snowballs are great! You all did a fantastic job....glitter is always good!
    One year we made snowballs for our tree..it was decorated with all white..snowflakes, icicles, and snowballs. Kids loved it..esp since we live in central Florida..
    Smiles and Blessings,
    Nancy C

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that's a cool idea thanks for sharing. That would be great for making snowmen aswell.
    (((hugs)))
    karen

    ReplyDelete